I always love to know the people behind the brand. It makes it more real – more personable. In order to get to know me, here are 25 random facts about me – some useful, some odd, some good to know. Let’s get to know each other!
- My middle name is Ann. No ‘E’. I have to disagree with Anne of Green Gables and claim that ‘Ann’ without an ‘e’ is not naked at all.
- I lived in Australia for a year when I was 12/13, and to this day credit it for my love of travel.
- I can’t stand the feeling of tights. It makes me shudder just thinking about it. It has to be quite an occasion to get me in a dress in the winter!
- On the theme of weird pet peeves, I can’t handle long nails. If I can see my nail over the tip of my finger, they’re too long.
- I truly don’t like being put into a box but if I HAD TO PICK an enneagram type, I’m a number 3 (The Achiever), but throw in a healthy dose of number 8 (The Challenger). I don’t believe that’s how the enneagram is supposed to work, but that’s my number 8 talking.
- I’ve been married for going on six years now and can happily report I may even like my husband (Luke) more now than at the beginning of COVID – I consider that a win!
- I’m born and raised Canadian (and forever will be), but will also be looking at UK citizenship over the next year or so – really done paying the visa fees!
- I have had ulcerative colitis for about 12 years – it flares up every now and again and the toll of chronic illness isn’t easy.
- My husband and I share the same birthday, albeit one year a part. My brother-in-law also has the same birthday. October 28, in case you’d like to mark your calendars!
- I love birthdays and fully endorse the ‘birthday week’ mentality. (Also crucial given point above!)
- My drink of choice is a big, bold glass of red.
- I’ll usually go for anything chocolate, but the best dessert of all has to be pumpkin pie (when completely covered in whipped cream).
- My current anthem is ‘Gaslighter’ by The Chicks. Not entirely sure why, but turn that up and have a dance around and you’ll feel better.
- I love a thrill. Give me the rollercoasters, the scuba diving, the sky diving. I decided to go sky diving while in South Africa a few years ago in the span of 30 minutes.
- I’m fairly decisive. Once I’m in, I’m all in.
- I love being completely out of my element. Put me in a brand new place with all new people, completely and totally lost, and I’m happy.
- I’m a middle child and while I got the negotiation skills, don’t feel like a middle child at all. Let’s just say I was heard!
- I get random hives regularly. Just woke up with one on my lip this morning, in fact. Who knows? Who cares? Life goes on.
- I seriously value freedom and think it’s one of the reasons I went into my own business – the freedom of flexibility, of knowing that there’s no ceiling and no limits is wonderfully motivating.
- My dream job as a kid was to be an actress. I had a stint of theatrical productions through school – ‘Maria’ in ‘The Sound of Music’ and ‘Adelaide’ from ‘Guys and Dolls’ were my favourites. This love of performance continues – give me a presentation any day of the week.
- I majored in Psychology (with a focus on Industrial Organisational Psych) in university with a minor in marketing.
- My first job was at an optometrist’s office conducting ‘Field Eye exams’ (basically, making people stare at a dot for 20 minutes and telling them not to move their eyes). I was 15, didn’t ask a single question in the interview and was a nervous wreck through the whole thing!
- I’m from a musical family and while the least talented sister in this domain, I managed to squeak out Grade 8 piano and can hold a harmony.
- My favourite part of a business is the start-up stages – getting an idea of someone’s vision and passion, and finding a way to make that come to fruition. It’s the best.
- I’ve gotten more into cooking over the lockdown, but my love language might simply be someone cooking for me. My happiest place on a Friday night is perched at the kitchen island, with a glass of red, watching Luke cook!
Any surprises? Anything you completely relate to? Let me know!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments